Thomas's Articles

Do You Need an Endocrinologist for Hypothyroidism?

From Dr. Ian J. Orozco of Carteret Medical Group - One of the most common questions I get from the public and even sometimes other physicians is, when should a patient be referred to an endocrinologist for hypothyroidism?  Your primary care doctor should be able to help you monitor your condition most of the time.  However, there may be situations when you need the care of a thyroid specialist.